why drafting template turns gray? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imti7

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2023
IN
Hi , I am using NX12

When i open any step file containing an assembly in it > I save it to .prt > taken it to drafting > my drafting template turned to gray color and i was not able to edit the layer of the template like "title block, borders & marginds" and even the dimension text formats also were changed.
Screenshot_2023-10-04_130124_iha8yt.png

what is reason for it, please somebody tell me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We'll need more information about your drawing creation process. When you "open" a STEP file, the geometry gets imported into a new NX file defined by the STEP import .def file. By default, this is a pretty generic file. If you switch to drafting, create a new sheet, and import your title block - all of your drafting settings will be inherited from this generic import file (colors, text and dimension settings, etc).

Many NX users will create a drawing separate from the model file, add the model as a component to the drawing, switch to drafting and do all of the drafting work there. This is known in the NX community as the "master model" drawing method. This method keeps all of your drafting preferences in a separate file which will avoid the undesired changes that you describe.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hello,

In the simple way, in your install folder like "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX2206\STEP214UG" you will have the prt template files used to convert from step.
step214ugnull_in.prt
step214ugnull_mm.prt

you can overwrite with your template mantaining this names.

Gelson Z. Nicoletto
V.18-NX2206

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back