Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is Catia V5R13 Shutting down Automatically??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcarey1968

Automotive
Feb 1, 2003
US
When I start Catia V5R13, it will run for about 30 Minutes and then shut down without notice. I've tried to find something under the Tools/Options to disable this. But I have been unsuccessful so far. Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have installed it on my laptop. Standard windows XP Setup. 2.8 Mhz Intel chip with 64MB Video memory and .5 GB Ram. It seems to run fine. I havn't had any problems with any other part of the software. It just works for about a 1/2 hour and then it just shuts down. I'm using it for a learning tool, so it doesn't even have any thing very demanding size wise on it. Just what I've created doodling around on it.

I'm at home so i can't look at my tools options but i beleive there is a setting under General/Licensing to release licenses every 30 minutes (or user defined time).
Don't know if this your problem or not.

forfun

Is it a legitimate copy?

Do you have a good connection to the licence server (I don't think this would happen with a node-lock licence)? If not, CATIA will shut down after it hasn't had the licence for the time specified in options.

Hi,

If you lose connection with the licence server, CATIA pops up some warning about "cannot get licence from server, will stop after 5 unsuccessfull attempt"

but the 30 minutes sounds like a bad crack ;)

indocti discant et ament meminisse periti
Eric N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back