Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why the example input file in the documentation is not formated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janna06

Structural
Sep 1, 2006
GB
It appears very badly in my computer. Not like what we used to creat line by line. When I rearraged it by hand, it has a funny square ends for each "enter"....

Thanks for answering this silly question:)

janna

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use Wordpad to view the text file. For some reason I can no longer view input files in Notepad with the latest version of Abaqus 6.6. The <CR> is now no longer recognized, generally screwing up everything. This means that the software I have for manipulating/editing/printing text input files is now wasted.

corus

Personally I prefer to keep using the 6.5 version as I can at least easily modify the geometry of old models and use old text editors on the .inp files. CAE 6.6 has tried to use a CAD type approach to creating the geometry. If you're used to using CAD then 6.6 is fine but don't try loading older version models into it to edit. The other long awaited benefit of 6.6 is that you can now mirror a quarter symmetry model, for instance, so that it appears whole. It beats trying to explain to people what symmetry is when showing results.

corus

john,
The majority of people who give me work have no idea what finite elements are. All they want are results, they want to be assured they're correct and reliable, and they don't want to know the theory of finite elements. I try and leave out any detailed explanation as to how the results were obtained unless someone challenges them.

corus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back