Status
Not open for further replies.

peppinu

Automotive
Apr 21, 2003
MT
We have noticed that when shaded, the screen from time to time
was flashing causing a certain effect on the user (BAD)!! The
culprit is the popup help(that yellow box showing what you are highlighting). There is a config option to prevent this from popping up. "enable_popup_help" which by defaylt is yes. This
shuold be NO

Joe Borg

This happened on my old machine at work a lot, resulting in really bad headaches and general malaise at the office. I noticed the problem wasn't as bad when I used used my laptop, so I got a locked license and started using it all the time.

Another thing that might help when spinning a large model (especially if it contains complex molded/cast parts on the outside). Is to use Edit-->Select-->Preferences and turn OFF preselection highlighting. This way a mouse-over doesn't cause the computer to highlight each part in light blue (and thus really slow things down)...

Great tip.
Mark

I have been having the same problem. We currently have both Pro-E 2001 and Wildfire loaded but are only working in 2001. Sometimes I have no problems, and other times the screen flashes 10-20 times, and other times it does not stop flashing. This even happens in wireframe and shaded when bringing in an exisiting part without trying to spin/rotate. I recently had a new workstation installed and assumed it was due to a new video card. I am runnung Pro-E off a network license since we have 3 seats of Pro-E. What exactly is a "locked" license?

As of now, the option of preselection highlighting from "justkeepgiviner" is working, but time will tell. I'll let you know if it keeps working.

The problem was my video card, or should I say video processor on the mother board. I upgraded to a new video "card" (128mb minimum) and all is great. I purchased an ATI Fire GL T2-128 and no more blinking.

I don't know if this will help your specific problem or not, but in WF2 you can permanently disable the 'preselection highlighting' (which was causing all kinds of annoying blinking and flashing with my machine) by adding the line 'prehighlight no' to the 'config.pro' file (or by setting it with the 'Tools>Options' function).

Chris Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back