Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wildfire 3.0 video tips 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I cannot download the files. When I move my mouse over the links, nothing happens. Any ideas why?

Jeff

Jeff

:)

It's all part of life's rich tapestry!

Perhaps the server was too busy or something, perhaps you could try again. There is a lot of traffic on that page. Yesterday the server locked up and had to be rebooted. Maybe you were clicking at that time.

You could also try to right click on the link and choose "save taget as"

Possibly you have some type of security setting that prevents you from downloading files?

I'm running into the same problem as Jeff. There doesn't seem to be hyperlinks to the files.

I dug through the page's source and found the video links buried in some commented out sections of the code, but unfortinately Windows media player only gave me audio when I downloaded the file. It says I need a special Techsmith encoder to view the files (ironically I have Snagit and it still doesn't work).

BTW I am viewing from Firefox.

I did use snagit to make the videos so that would explain the need for the techsmith codec I guess.

here is the codec, hopefully it will show the video portion with the codec

Regarding the links, it may be Firefox related. My server log shows about 200 .rar files are downlaoded daily from this page.

I think I'll install firefox and see I have that link problem. Let me know if the codec works and I'll add a link to it (not that the links are working anyway)

i also am having problems viewing anything
how about attaching a link for a free download to view these

Nate,

The page works in IE.

The codec also worked fine. Windows Media Player was returning an error when it tried to download it on its own.

Videos look good![thumbsup]
I'd like to see the new Mechanism Skeletons can do. I can't try WF3 because I don't work for a maintenance paying customer anymore :(

Thanks for the heads up guys. I fixed the firefox problem by removing the semi-transparent text boxes. I also added a link to the techsmith codec.

Let me know if there are problems, I want everybody to be able to get these that wants them.

Good suggestions on the mechanism skeleton, I'll be sure to add that with the next batch nect month.

For people who hate codec errors.
Download VLC media player. It is simply the best video player in the history of the world :).

YAY.... all sorted now :D

Good videos, I like the collision detect features.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff

:)

It's all part of life's rich tapestry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back