Wildfire 4.0 File Management and Revision Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

freerangequark

Mechanical
May 11, 2005
US
Hi,

I'm using Wildfire 4.0 for personal use and I do not have Intralink, PDM link or any type of file management or version control software.

Is there low cost software that will help me manage my PRT and ASM files? Right now every time I save my work, Wildfire creates a new versioned part and my folders are getting pretty filled up with old versions.

Is there a config setting that will limit the number of versions for a given part?

Also, if you can't recommend software to help me out, are there any strategies you can recommend to help me manage my files. Right now it seems my best approach is to keep everything in one folder without the use of subfolders for different parts such as hardware and so forth.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would separate 'common' items into one or more sub-folders and use a search.pro file to locate them.

Serach the internet for 'purge proe files' and you will find a lot of hits for programs to do this.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

If you want you are welcome to have the batch file I use. I put the batch file in each model folder, and when you run it it creates a sub folder called "old" and moves all but the current file into the "old" folder. It also goes through and deletes the log files and other scrap files.

Let me know if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back