Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wildfire a complete drag (slow) while measuring? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoukenKage

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2009
US
Hi everyone,

I had done some searches for my question but couldn't find anything that really applied, or maybe I uwdsed the wrong keywords. In any case, here's my issue:

I have a model that is maybe 1400 large. I haven't noticed too many areas of the software that are really slow while working with it in general. However, the point that has been REALLY slow for me is while measuring distances. When I pick one point/surface/edge/whatever and then want to rotate for the other, the model seems to lag horribly.

For point of reference I use:

- Windows XP SP2
- Intel Xeon 3.00 GHz (Dual-Core)
- 3.0 GB RAM (no /3 switch)
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI (256 MB)
- Pro/E Wildfire 5 (base package)

For any part or subassembly, I don't notice this at all. Are there any settings I'm missing to speed things up on the top level assembly?

Side note: The drawing for the assembly is a bear to work with as well.

Thoughts?

~Cody

"We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we aren't going to die without good reason." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi dgallup,

Thanks for the heads-up about the update. I'll have to set up the download as I leave work tonight. I'm hoping the service pack also corrects an issue I just noticed while trying to create the bom in WF5 F000.

I checked a copy of WF3 I still have (M170) and the data I was using before upgrading seems to work fine with respect to measuring and the bom.

~Cody

"We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we aren't going to die without good reason." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back