Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wildfire color appearance.dmt

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspinall

Petroleum
Sep 17, 2004
US
The color.map file from older versions of Pro-E has changed in Wildfire to appearance.dmt. Does anyone know if the color.map file can be converted to be used in Wildfire or if not does anyone know where to download a good Wildfire color file.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Stuart,

You can convert it simply by loading the old color.map and saving it as color.dmt. I'll put more explicit directions below if necessary...

Go to the appearance editor as usual from the main window View>Color and Appearance pull-down. From the File>Open pull-down select your old color.map file (from it's appropriate folder location). Pro/E will load your old colors into the current session. Now select the File>save pull-down. Save the color.dmt file to your appropriate folder (If memory serves me c-drive should work, or else use the pro/e loadpoint directory). The saved file is reformatted and should now load automatically.

Hope this helps.

Lowdown

Thanks for the reply. Had already found the solution. Didnt realise to press down arrow to change file type. Loaded my color.map and saved as .dmt

Thanks anyway

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back