Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wildfire! Hidden part status in asm mode is saved when saving assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRIANGAMER

Mechanical
Nov 22, 2002
Hidden part status in assembly mode is saved when saving assembly. Anybody have an idea of how to remove or turn this off.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know of config setting but the View_Visibility_Unhide All selection will do just that.

Or if you hover your mouse over the little icon with the pretty green eye, a caption reads.."No longer hide any features and components".

Hope it helps!

JOSE FIGUEROA JR.

It seems to me that taking "hidden status" into account when reloading parts is a new behaviour of Pro/E Wildfire.
It is strange since the documentation still says "The hidden status of items is session-dependent; it is not saved with the model"...

I am having the exact same problem, I hide a pulley wheel once so that I could get to the stuff behind it. I saved it with it hidden, now everytime I open the assembly it is hidden. Is there a fix for this, besides just unhiding it everytime?

I found this on ptc's site.

Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire Documentation Incorrectly States That The Hide Status Is Session Specific
Product Pro/ENGINEER Module GLOBAL FUNCTIONS
TAN ID 124692 Created 24-FEB-04
Workstation All
Reported In Release Wildfire Reported In Datecode 2002490
SPR 1074101
Resolved In Release
Resolved In Datecode
Description
-----------------
Pro/HELP states "All hidden items are displayed automatically when you exit Pro/ENGINEER". An enhancement was implemented into Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, so that the hide status is saved with the model.

Alternate Technique
-----------------
See Resolution below.

Resolution
-----------------
This issue will be addressed in a future version of Pro/ENGINEER.

To summarize: It's an enhancement!?

Thanks to all that replied to my thread.

Hidden parts and sub-assemblies are hiding everywhere! My problem is that I saved, as a copy, a large assembly. I saved it with a new name and to a different working directory, so I could use it freely without the chance of messing up the original. My hope was to use the assembly to fit some new parts. To make way for the new parts, I hid some parts and sub-assemblies. The problem is that when someone else opens the original assembly to work on current parts, the parts I hid in the newly named assembly are also hidden in the original assembly. I am told that I can only hide top level parts and sub-assemblies without affecting the original. I am not changing dimensions or mates or anything in the subs, I just want to hide them in the new assembly. I am also told that supressing parts and sub-assemblies also affects the original assembly. I have used Solid Works and from what I remember you can hide or suppress anything you want in any sub-assembly and it only affects the assembly that you are working in. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back