Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win7 64bit and preview file CV5 (thumbnail preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biricio

Mechanical
Nov 6, 2009
IT
Hi, I switched to Win 7 Pro 64bit.
Sometimes, with Catia V5 R20, I see a preview of the file and others do not (thumbnail preview). What does it depend?
In Win XP 64bit there was problem about that.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, is anyone using Catia R20 with Win7 64bit?

I am using this package and have noticed similar issues. Unfortunately though I can not help with diagnosing the problem.

Hi,

I'm using Win 7 Pro 64bit and R19 and never seen your problem.
Not any help for you but still...

Regards

I use the R20. The R19 is not compatible for Win 7 (for DS).

Do you have any news? Always the same problem Win7 64bit and Catia R20...

Have there been ultiple versions of Catia installed on the PC's in question?
We are using R18, but have found when multiple versions of Catia have been installed on the same PC, Catia gets confused as to which is the registered version. There is a manual fix to register the correct version and correct the "Show preview" function.

Hey Folks,
I'm a Solidworks user and sometimes CATIA V5R19 (know enough to be dangerous) and recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit. I'm having an issue with our IT group saying that CATIA hasn't mitigated to 64-bit. Well...it looks like it has, and was wondering what I need to do to get a working copy. Do I need to contact my VAR for CATIA? We have only one seat and it's 32-bit. Do I have to buy a separate seat for 64-bit? Is there any links you can post to assist me in my quest?

Thank you,

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 5.0
Dell T5500 XP Pro SP 3 (32-bit)
Xeon CPU 2.53 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro 4000 2 GB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

Contact your var, either they will provide it or they will organise a login to DS support site where it can be downloaded or requested on CD

Thanks PeterGuy. A friend just told me that if i have CATIA V5R19 CD...it cantains both 32-bit & 64-bit verisions. is this true?

Best,

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 5.0
Dell T5500 XP Pro SP 3 (32-bit)
Xeon CPU 2.53 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro 4000 2 GB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

the pack that contains the cd's may contain both versions. but it depends what was ordered (media order not purchase order, no money is required, if you have paid for legitimate software) or who supplied the software (DS or IBM). the media for each version is 2 or 3 cd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back