Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wind Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

I plan to enter the Wind Condition in Caesar. where my whole line is subjected to wind conditions. I needed help on two counts.
1. Do i have to enter the wind parameters in the first and last node or only in the first node of the system
2. Wat r the other information i may need to input other than wind shape factor to add this occasional case

Thanx in advance for the help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1.you have to enter in the load case area,where wind load options are there.depending upon your requirement you can select the no of cases.
2.wind shape factor is the only data ,we have enter in to the spread sheet.

I need assistance on Siesmic Loading-Vortex Shedding & Vibration regarding Storage Tanks and piping installations?

1)What is the Natural Vibration Frequencies of Line Pipes ranging from 3" to 16" sch 40 pipe on pipe supports at 6Mts, 7 Mts. and 8 Mts spacing? (Is there a chart available?)
2) Wind Speeds up to 30 Mt/sec. What are the Vibration Frequencies ie.
16" pipe = 17 Hz. 6" pipe = 6Hz.

3) Siesmic Loading calculated in N/cm? or I think should be g's
4) Should piping running from tank nozzles on supports within 1 Mt of a concrets 2 meter high tank bund wall
be subject to a Siesmic loading- Vortex Shedding(wind) calculation, I think not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back