Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wind Turbine Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbinova

Civil/Environmental
Oct 25, 2008
PK
Does anyone know any reference book or paper for the design of Wind turbine foundation in wetland/High tide area..What kind of foundation is recommended and how can i protect the foundation from wetland effect...??? Do i need to provide a kind of break water for protection...?? if any one has any suggestion or previous experince ... please do reply...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

this would be similar to a bridge pier. you will need to extend it below the scour depth at a minimum. refer to a bridge design manual

A Geotech report and foundation recommendation are a must. I would suspect you'll end up with some sort of pile footing with a large concrete cap. If the wind turbine is tall you may end up with battered piles. If scour is a problem, and working with a tide I would suspect so, you will either need to construct a perimeter toe wall or make the footing a massive element.

Just for clarification, what is "The wetland effect?" It helps to know how to address these questions when the statements are better understood.

f-d

¡papá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back