Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Windchill - electronic approvals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROK99

Mechanical
Oct 15, 2012
US
The company I just started with is really behind the times. Despite using Creo-Windchill, we are still signing E-size paper drawings and scanning them into raster PDFs. We have a project to move us to electronic review and approval, but we are completely reinventing the wheel... and going very slowly.

Is anyone here at liberty to share non-proprietary standards, procedure, or workflows regarding PDFs going through a Windchill approval process? Do you have a public link I can review - showing your governance, and process?

Thanks if you can help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's no different than any Windchill process for promoting objects. You pick the people who are approvers and add them to the list of people required to approve drawings.

The usual reason this is not in place is management doesn't really want the change or they would have hired any of the number of excellent qualified Windchill experts to come in and set all the workflows and accounts and permissions up to accomplish this.

What management normally wants is to have some free solution that doesn't require changing anything.

It shocks me (and saddens) how few companies that use Creo and Windchill actually use Windchill correctly
There was one place I consulted with that had this home brew change management visual basic program to run that, and everything in windchill was still in design, none of their workflows were activated

you probably will not find any free info out there because as 3DDave has said, there are some very talented people out there that will come in and set that up when its first implemented, and as its their skill/value, it will cost money to see behind the so called curtain

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY BLANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back