Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Winding balance in BLDC motor delta parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide-VHIT

Automotive
Feb 17, 2024
IT
Hello everyone. I have to wind a 10/12 BLDC motor in delta parallel configuration. I have the busbar on the top but due to lack of space I have to do the routing on the bottom side. This means that I have to pass 6 times through the slots to go on the busbar. I have this scheme that I attach but a friend told me that the bottom-> top passages are disturbing the windings, so the 12 coils will not be balanced and a current will circulate in the parallel loop killing the efficiency. Can you confirm this? Anyhow I have not found any study/literature on this topic, do you have some suggestions for me?
Thanks in advance!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ffa0534e-b40a-424d-9ea8-08ff8f3adba3&file=IMG_0054.jpeg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, your friend made a good point that bottom passes can interfere with the windings and throw the windings out of balance. This can lead to uneven current distribution between the windings and reduce the efficiency of the motor. To ensure better winding balancing, it is recommended to minimize the number of passes through the slots and arrange the wires so that they do not interfere with each other. It may be worth trying to reroute the wires or use a more compact layout to reduce interference on the windings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back