Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 and NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrylcoyle

Automotive
Mar 12, 2005
US
Is anyone running NX4 or any version of NX on Windows 7? If so, what did you have to do to get it to install correctly? When installing my license server for NX4, it doesn't want to start the server.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Coyle
Managing Partner
Cylinder Head Engineering, LLC
CNC Porting
De Soto, KS 66018

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NX7 will be certified for Windows 7.
Older versions of NX should work.
There has been more discussion on this on the internal BBS.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks Ben,
I know it should work but with my luck, I can't even get it to install properly yet...

Larry Coyle
Managing Partner
CNC Porting
De Soto, KS 66018

Just wondering of the Windows 7 users, without adding memory, do you find NX6 runs any different than in XP? Any real reason to change other than the increased memory upgrades?

--
Bill

haven't notice much different, when switching from component files to main assembly files in LARGE files the render time is much less (likely a memory benefit). It does 'think' through some surfacing stuff quicker, but not overly significant. 64bit version of nx may be different however.

Be aware that only XP is certified to run NX4 at this point in time, so no support if you go this route and end up having any issues.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Man2007

Thanks very much for the link. It definitely works. With the exception of postbuilder though. I really appreciate all of the advice.

Larry

Larry Coyle
Managing Partner
CNC Porting
De Soto, KS 66018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back