Windows explorer thumbnails, Windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZMark

Mechanical
Nov 1, 2008
DE
Hello,
I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 (both 64-bit), but now I cannot find a workaround to view thumbnails for Solid Edge (V20) par/asm files in the windows file explorer.

Under Vista x64, I only had to open a 32-bit explorer (%windir%\SysWOW64\explorer.exe" /separate) and this showed the thumbnails.

Apparently, Windows 7 x64 is a bit more resistant to actually opening the 32-bit explorer (e.g. so I also tried the program HalfShell, but somehow it does not seem to launch a 32-bit explorer on my system.

At the moment I am using FreeCommander, which shows the thumbnails... although I would prefer to stick with the windows explorer.

Has anyone solved this problem? Can one try to register SeThumbnail.dll manually?
I do vaguely recall a statement in the SE V20 release notes that thumbnails won't work... but just because SE say there is a bug, doesn't mean there isn't a solution!

Many thanks, MT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do believe there was something different in regards to Win 7 and any kind of file property handling necessitating some changes in SE versions supporting it. Sadly V20 does not support Win 7/Vista so it would be best to either upgrade SE to a version that supports Win 7 (ST3 I believe) or install XP until such time as you can upgrade SE.

Ken G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back