Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wing load distribution 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shearlag

Apr 13, 2007
IN
Dear Readers,

If chordwise & spanwise CP distribution is known, nodal load can be evaluated on each node on the Fe model. If forces & moments are known at few locations (say 15 locations) on wing surface, what is proper way to distribute the load so that shear force, bending moment & torque diagram are same when done with Cp distribution.

thanks in advance
shearlag

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

it sounds like you have a few data points, which you want to distribute onto a fine grid.

i'd start with a standard wing spanwise load distribution, schrenk, which'll give you shear force and bending moment. tweek again to match your data.

Yes rb1957, you got it right. i have few data points which i need to distribute on a fine grid.So you mean to say it can be done in a iterative way to match the shear force, bending moment & torque diagram.But various assumed distribution can give same max shear force, max bending moment & max torque moment at the root. Am I right in saying so..?

shearlag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back