Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Winter wiper

Status
Not open for further replies.

isalg7e33

Automotive
May 31, 2001
ES
I would like to know if the winter wipers are good for snow and if they can avoid that snow accumulate on the end of the cleaning area of the wiper producing that the wiper can not clean all af of the area. If they don't serve to that I don't understand exactlly why are they create.

I have seen that any companies sold heated wipers are they good for snow? But the important companies: Bosch, Valeo, Itt don't make them why?

Why in North America don't exist headlamp wipers like in Europe?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) My personal observation is that the winter blades are too stiff, and don't wipe as well. And the stiffness does not end up allowing you to scrape the ice off the wipers any less frequently.

2) The people that engineered them tell me that the zone-heated windshields (warm right near the wipers) work really well, but I've not driven with one. Also, no-one has found a way to electrically heat the whole windshield in a way that doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

3) Beats me why different features end up popular in Europe and not in the US. Headlamp wipers and washers are common, but at the same time many high-end vehicles lack a variable delay for intermittent.

Best regards,

rteder@raintracker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back