Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wire Bending on Roller. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vain

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2014
MY
Hi,

Im trying to simulate a wire bending on a roller. Im doing this with axis-symmetry plane analysis. However my explicit analysis end up with "NODE SET ASSEMBLY__PICKEDSET19 HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED". I have been modifying the BC of part 2-1 which i assume the node set is located. Im gladly to hear any opinion to improve my simulation.
Hereby i attached the inp. file for your review.
Thanks.[peace]

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=74a118d9-f8ea-4a21-a566-6b4ac12c46fa&file=Job-Explicit.inp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you create a BC for a particular node region, you select it while defining the BC. That node set is saved by abaqus as *_pickedset. When you make any change at all to the mesh of the related part, the *_pickedset is invalid. You will have to check the boundary condition and redefine the node set.

Yes. Redefining the node set means reselecting the nodes for the BC. Instead of picking them during BC definition, I'd suggest creating them in the part module and then accessing them during the BC. That'd help with clarity.

Hey @tkks2040

Thanks a lot to your explanations. Now I able to figure it out. Just remake New Node Set in part module and set it in BC again.
Hope this help others too.
Cheers![2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back