Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wire diameter for magnetic generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

admincae

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2010
RO
Good morning to all comunity,

First of all I want to tell you that I am mechanical engineer and I am interested about manner in which is calculate wired diameter for an magnetic generator.Beside of wired diameter I am interested about the length of wire.

For supplementary informations I am to your disposition.

Best regards.

Mess with the best die like the rest...ANSYS is the best !!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, admincae, but it is not clear what do you mean by "Magnetic Generator".
Do you mean permanent magnet synchronous generator -it is an a.c. synchronous generator where the excitation field is provided by a permanent magnet instead of a coil.
Or do you mean permanent magnet generator:
"A permanent magnet generator is basically a power producer that makes use of magnets to instead of gas or any substitute power source."
Some kind of "perpetuum mobile".
Perpetual motion is a condition in which work is continuously done without an external supply of energy.
see:
By the way: I never visited in Timisoara but I heard it is a wonderful city. Doesn't it?

Hi 7anoter4,

I want to mean some like ¨perpetum mobile¨.Because I don´t have very much experience in electricity, I need your help or to our collegs and members from this forum. I am interest to find some relation of calculus betweens power of magnet,number of poles, wired length and diameter of wire. Properly I am mechanical engineer (structural engineer), so the calculus is not a problem, only domain which is very summary but I want to complete my knowledge in this domain (magnetic and electric).

Thank you very much for suport. I waiting your sugestion and advice.

Best regards.

If you are looking for perpetual motion device, don’t bother.

If you are looking for basics on electric machine theory, here is a start:

I’m not sure how you pick out wire size and length to focus on. I suspect you may be interested in the general idea of sizing the machine. A very good (advanced) overview of machine design/sizing is here:

If these have not captured your interest, try google. Your questions on this forum should come after you have made a reasonable attempt to understand what is freely available elsewhere.

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

If you think calculus is an essential part of understanding what you need (I'm not sure it is), then you might want to look here:

It actually build tools and models for motor analysis from the ground up using fairly high-level math tools. It is not comprehensive, but it is very self-contained. This material has also been published as a textbook, which says something.

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

I don't think "the permanent magnet generator" is an electrical issue but it is a mechanical problem since this idea violates the first and the second law of Thermodynamic.
So, as electricpete said, you can learn how to build an electrical motor but it will work only if you supply electrical energy. A generator will supply electrical energy if a sort of mechanical driver will supply mechanical energy. You can supply all
kind of energy and turn it into Electricity. The magnetic field is not energy itself.
It is a static property as the mass, for instance.
It could participate in transformation of a mechanical motion into electrical one.
How the "Magnetic Generator" work no one knows.

Hi all,

Thank you very much electricpete, and to all members from this forum. Yours support is very useful for every type of person who want to lear something.

Good job. Thank you to all.

If somebody knows other useful informations or links, I will apreciate your interest to offer support to me and maybe to other people.

Best regards.

Hi all,

I read very carefully documentations recomanded, but I am in doubt with some things. First of all, from my point of view the power of magnet must be depend on "power" of magnet, section area of magnet and air gap betweens surfaces of magnets (or magnet and ferometalic material) (this variables can be incomplete, so you can complete this characteristics).
In fact, my question is: what is the formula with which can be determinate the force of magnet with iregular section area (A)? Can be determinate? How?

I waiting your answare. Thanks in advance for support.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back