Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wiring diagram 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

weldon

Industrial
Dec 31, 2002
US
The units at my plant have had switches by passed relays staight wired and numerous other problems. Most units are Trane American Standard and Carrier. The unit I am trying to straighten out now is an Amana model ARHF36U01B, the indoor coil needs to be replaced but the plant is low on funds. I am trying to keep the outside coil from freezing up and that's where the problem is. the defrost timer is not adjustable and seems to have been partially straight wired. I have not been able to find the outside thermostat, there are several places in the defrost circuit that looks to have been straight wired. I am in need of a wiring diagram for this unit so I can straighten out everything. Goodman\Amana say they no longer have diagram for this unit. Is there a universal system I can wire in for the defrost to operate or does anyone know where I can get a diagram?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello
Yes there are universal defrost boards you can buy. Get you one and a defrost sensor. It will have a diagram with it so you should be able to wire it in with little problem. Should be able to get on at any decent HVAC Wholesale house. Hope this is helpful

Mechtech1

Given that you are low on funds but good at electrics, I would have thought you could just get a frost thermostat sensor, connect it via a relay to the power input of the a/c unit so that it just switches off when the outside coil frosts, and then back on when the outside coil melts again.

That is not the how defrost works. You have to the defrost timer or board will shift the rev. valve, turn off the condenser fan, and turn on the heat strips in the Air Handler to compensate for the cold air blowing inside. Just shuting down the unit down would not work. If the temp. is below freezing outside it will never melt and even if it was above, say around 45 or so it would take hours to clear the coil.

Does any know where I could get a wiring diagram for a Ranco E-15 defrost control

The Heil heat pump I am working on does no longer have a diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back