Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

WOG valves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degas

Petroleum
Sep 26, 2002

I have doubts about what is WOG valve class, exist a relation between ANSI class and wog class, where can I find WOG std??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here is a good site with info:

A WOG is a water/oil/gas service valve.

An ANSI valve is a valve that meets ANSI standards.

I don't think there is a relation to ANSI.

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Degas,
I agree with Ashereng, there is no relation between ANSI and WOG. See also MSS-SP 25 "Standard Marking Systems for Valves, Fittings, Flanges and Unions", which is one of the few standards explaining the meaning of "WOG".

Quote from Par. 4.1.3. ( in my 1998 ed.):

The Rating Designation for products which do not conform to recognized national product standards may be shown by numbers and letters representing the pressure ratings at maximum and minimum temperatures.
If desired, the rating designation may be shown as the maximum pressure followed by "CWP" and the allowed pressure at the maximum temperature (for example, 2000 CWP 725/925 F). Products intended for ambient room temperature may show the allowable pressure followed by letters CWP or equivalent.

Note (a) to this paragraph explains that "WO", "WOG", "OWG", "GLP", "WWP" are symbols commonly used in the industry equivalent to "CWP".

Ashereng:

Thank you for leading us to the great Website. It brings back memories of some important names in valve history and how it all came about here in the USA.

I would particularly make a note for the younger segment of our engineering forum to notice the shape and details of the famous forged steel Vogt valves then and how they look now. There is no substancial differences that I can spot. A great valve with a great past and with a lot of successes in all my applications through the years.

One more attribute for the "old timers" who "didn't know what they were doing"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back