Workbench - Variable beam cross section 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh3ng

Mechanical
Aug 20, 2015
BR
Hi,

I'm trying to do a beam with variable cross-section in ANSYS Workbench using the DesignModeler.

I create the inicial and final cross-section, but I can only choose one of them in the Line Body proprieties.

Does anyone know how to choose both or how to do this inside Workbench Mechanical?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

kranmeste,

Thank you for your help, but i`m doing a Static Structural Analysis with this beam.

The "Skin/Loft" option transforms the beam body into a solid body, and it uses solid elements when I do the analysis, in the end it doesn't show the results that i`m looking for.

I need a method of "beam with variable cross-section" that uses beam elements in the Static Structural Analysis (like BEAM189 or BEAM188) with ANSYS Workbench.

Thanks

Hi,

To my knowledge the cross section can only be prismatic when using beam elements in Workbench. So if i were to make a beam with varying cross section i would divide the total length of the beam into minor divisions and then adjust the cross section for each division. So the beam would look like a pyramid with all the steps. If you find a better method for making variable cross section using beam elements, please do post this.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back