Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Worked out exampes for FEA problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalileoG

Structural
Feb 17, 2007
CA
Is there a great resource online where I can find an abundance of worked out examples that I can go through? Perhaps specifically about the variational method. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are a lot of worked out examples in Bathe's finite element book, Finite Element Procedures in Engineering Analysis. I don't work for ADINA, but if you are buying the book anyway, you can get a limited capability ADINA FE software when you buy the book at ADINA's website. The license is 900 nodes, and only good for a year. Cost is only $140.

New, the most recent edition of the book is $98. Amazon has the first edition from 1996, for only $11.00.

Anyway, I recommend the book as it has quite a few examples worked out by hand.

If Clansman's wants to learn to write his own FEM code, then there's no better book than Bathe, but if he wants to learn to use FEM for solving problems, that's the worst book to read. Get a copy of Building Better Products by Vince Adams & Abraham Askenazi, get your university text book on strength of materials and grab any free FEM application on and start using your brains to solve the text-book problems with the FEM software, rather than seeking a source that will spoon-feed you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back