Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working in Intralink workspace while offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtlebo

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2004
US
Is it possible to open and access files in an Intralink 3.3 workspace even though i am not connected to the database server? I have the correct licenses for ProWildfire and Intralink on my laptop. If i create the workspace when i am at work and check out the parts, can i open them in the workspace when i am out of the office? I get an error (not connected to database) when trying to log into Intralink so i don't get to see the workspaces at all. any help or hints would be great. thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The error is not workspace related, it is Intralink licensing related. Unless you have a borrowed license or a standalone license on your laptop, you can not launch Intralink or Pro/E.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Actually i do have stand allone licenses for both products on my laptop. I can launch Pro/Intralink but i cannot log in and cannot access workspaces. is there a setting that makes them avalable somehow? perhaps without having to log in? the files should be somewhere on my laptop, right?

This is not acheivable with Intralink client -- you must be able to connect to the database. However you may use Intralink Toolkit API to access only the Workspace objects.

Hi,

Before you try and log into Intralink, there should be an option at the bottom to Launch Pro-Engineer (without logging in) This option expands to Launch into a local workspace.

We use this option to work locally in a workspace if there are no Intralink licenses available.

This would only work assuming you could pick up a Pro-e license locally (assuming no connection to database/license server).

Hope that helps!
Cadbhoy.

thanks, this worked. the only thing is i had to make sure when i checked parts out of common space it was done as "local copy" instead of "linked"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back