Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

working on imported model to ansys

Status
Not open for further replies.

oshosh

Electrical
Nov 8, 2012
Dear All,

i've exported model composed of many masks from simpleware into ansys. ansys read this model as nodes and elements as it is FE (finite element).and each mask become a component. i've read that i can choose which component to work on by plot->components->by name/set number/entity type.

the problem is that first i couldn't convert these nodes or elements to volume. it only can be keypoints but i can't go further as i read that lines, areas and volumes are solid models, but nodes and elements are FE.

but i worked directly on nodes. my big problem now is that each component has a separate DOF , when i choose the first component and ansys shows only this component on its screen , and try to apply the DOF on this component only by pressing (pick all) or even by specifying a (box) or (polygon), i found this DOF applied on the whole model, not on this component only.
how can i solve this problem???
your reply is really appreciated

Sincerely

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a suggestion. Maybe if you know Solidworks you can import the geometry there and change those component to one entity. Then your work would be VERY easy on ANSYS.

Regards,
Jessi M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back