Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with Matrices in MathCad

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmantix

Nuclear
Apr 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help..

I have a equation, say: P=(q*t^a)/S

I want to vary P with t and I would like to populate the first column of an array with t values, say 1..75 (range variable) and then populate the second column with P assuming q, a and S are static. Then I would want to find the time, t at which the pressure, p fell below a certain value.

How do I do this? I can find plenty on how to mess about with an array (transposition, etc.) but not much on how to work with one with equations.

Thanks,

James

Simmantix
---------
Phases of a Project:
Exultation, Disenchantment, Search for the Guilty, Punishment of the Innocent, Praise for the Uninvolved...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

k := 0..75

P[k := (q * t[k *a)/S

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Thankyou, succinct and to the point..

Simmantix
---------
Phases of a Project:
Exultation, Disenchantment, Search for the Guilty, Punishment of the Innocent, Praise for the Uninvolved...

So.. Additionally, is it possible to fill each column of the array with different data in the same way as above. So the first column would be P1, the next P2 and so on?

Or do you have to create seperate arrays and Append them together?

Thanks, james

Simmantix
---------
Phases of a Project:

?? As written above, P is a single column array of 76 values.

Recent versions of Mathcad will not allow you to mix units within a matrix, so you would have a single column array t, consisting of 76 values, and a column array P, consisting of 76 corresponding values. You can stick everything in a two-column array if you are willing to divide out the units, but units are what Mathcad excels at.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Fair enough but if I wanted an array of partial pressures, same units then how would I populate the second column?

Simmantix
---------
Phases of a Project:

something like P[row,col := some function(row,column)

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back