Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

WPS Software-ASME Section IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukerobert

Materials
Mar 1, 2013
US
I have noticed that there are several software packages available for writing a WPS according to ASME Sec IX. Has anyone used software to write a WPS? If so, can you recommend which one to buy?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello everybody:

In the Eng-Tips forum, you can do a search under WPS software and you will fine a lot of information regarding with this matter. As an example read thread330-337935.

El que no puede andar, se sienta.

lukerobert,
I have recently got a software, Weldpulse which offers a package inclusive of writing a WPS. It helps mainly with GTAW and SMAW welding processes with suggestion on electrode (SMAW) filler (GTAW), pre-heat, interpass and PWHT to commonly used construction codes. It also helps with welding cost & economy, ferrite number prediction, materials & filler properties and approval range calculation for procedure and performance qualification. And if you are looking specifically for ASME IX software, this may help. I have got Spark edition on yearly subscription. If you want to buy it yourself, go for Spark edition however for company requirements, Arc edition would help.

Birken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back