Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wrapping insulation in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlong

Mechanical
Dec 31, 2002
US
I have chilled water piping that I would like to model some "clam shell" type piping. I have created one version using the cavity feature (mold feature). Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So you want to add insulation on the piping and have the insulation driven by the length of pipe? If that's true you can do that through a design table.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get me.

- Woody Allen

occasionally I have cause to wrap liquid system hoses in insulation. I have created a library feature that is the shape of a section cut (profile) of the insulation when it is wraped around diferent size hose. I then sweep it out (usually with the same sweep line as my hose. If you were going straight line, it would be considerabley easier.

Wes C.

What I have is a main line which has 6 lines coming off of it a right angles. These have unions and valvels on them. I would like to take this assembly and surrond it with insulation.

You might be able to create surfaces of all the parts involved, knit them together, & then thicken the resultant surface.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back