Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Wrench Clearance Chart??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintcar

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2001
US
Anyone have a chart or webpage that has wrench and socket clearance dimensions?? We go up to 2.5" tie bolts.
Thanks!
bcourtwright@giwindustries.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use the Machinery Handbook from Industrial Press, Inc. Mine is the 25 ed., Table 2, PP1436, "Wrench Clearance for Open End Eng Wrench and Socket Wrench"

Perhaps try for socket sizes up to 25 mm (1 inch).

Tip: To kill pop-up windows and other annoyances on any site, go into the options or preferences of your browser and turn off javascript (called "Scripting" in IE). Since there's almost nothing worthwhile javascript is used for, in most cases you're just as well off without it. Once in a while, for a specific site, you'll have to turn it back on.

Or, there's an easier way. In IE, turn off Scripting for the "Internet" zone, then, for the few sites in which you require javascript, list the URL prefix in your "Trusted Sites" zone. It's easier than having to turn javascript on every time you visit a web site that needs it.

I wish we Had the AISC manual (and a lot of other documentation here....)
Went to euler - need to get the bigger sizes.
VON - thanks for the tip on killing popups....

I picked up a catalogue from "Snap-On" at an Engineering Exhibition. This has outside dimensions for almost every different spanner and socket they produce. That was 10 years ago. Perhaps now they will have it on a web site.

Russell Keays

This remaind the council I firs got from my machine desing teacher:
Before you draw any bolt or nut , DRAW THE WRENCH, and do the movement the mechanich will do to handle it.
I think that this rule shall be the "motto" to all us, the designers.

Pardal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back