Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

write array parameters into txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph47reey

Structural
May 26, 2015
DE

hello fellow ansys-users,

let's say I have succesfully created an array with name "evalx". This array has a dimension of 39 rows by 12 columns. The rows contain the nodal x-displacement of selected nodes and the columns contain the corresponding eigemodes.

And now I want to print the array with 39 rows and 12 columns as a .txt file on my harddrive. I have copid the command line as follow:

*CFOPEN,outputdateiXmode1a,txt,,C:\User\Documents\Eigenmodes\evalx*VWRITE,evalX(1,1)
(F10.5)
*CFCLOS

As far as I have understood it, it loops automatically, writing values from each row and each column.

However it does not function and I got a "COMMAND LINE CLOSED" notification on the outpot window.

Could somebody please help me? I thank you very much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you should tru *mwrite command.

*MWRITE, evalX, C:\User\Documents\Eigenmodes\evalx\outputdateiXmode1a, txt, , JIK, 12,
(12F10.5)
or you will have to add
*VWRITE,evalX(1,1),evalX(1,2), evalX(1,3),evalX(1,4),evalX(1,5), evalX(1,6),evalX(1,7),evalX(1,8), evalX(1,9),evalX(1,10),evalX(1,11), evalX(1,12),

and it can only be used via batch mode or via /input command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back