Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wrong extrapolations from integration points in abaqus usdfld

Status
Not open for further replies.

roya22

Mechanical
Aug 9, 2017
US
Dear all,

I have written a usdfld subroutine to calculate Von-mises stress. The results obtained from the subroutine are exactly the same as those provided by abaqus (mises stress output). However, when it comes to nodes, I get wrong results in some elements. particularly in low stress regions (e.g. 5MPa instead of 1. Thus, I think there is a problem with extrapolating results from integration points to element nodes.
Does any one know what should I do?

Thank you in advanced

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the documentation section Abaqus/CAE --> Viewing results --> Selecting model data and analysis results to plot --> Selecting result options (chapters "Understanding how results are computed", "Understanding result value averaging" and "Controlling result averaging"). This way you should be able to find the difference in the extrapolation/averaging procedure.

Sorry,

I checked the values before averaging but they were also not the same. In spite of the fact that the values at integration points are identical.

Do have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back