Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xls to UG-NX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ug2prog

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2004
IN
I need to create a bom in the drafting. I have all the data of the bom in excel, but I could not able to find a way to import this excel in to my drafting sheet. Thanks if somebody give the way for this.. Also to add more than one excel if it is possible..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't help in regards to adding an excel bom, but if you figure that out, you can add multiple bom's by adding the following variable to the ugii_env.dat file:

UGII_UPDATE_ALL_ID_SYMBOLS_WITH_PLIST=0

This will prevent you from using the autobaloon feature, but it will allow multiple parts lists.

In UG18, we used to copy the content of the excel in to tabular note and then add the same in to the sheet. But in NX2 this is not possible. Is there any reason for this or is this a draw back?

I am now in a situation to type all the content of the excel in to tabular note.

Thanks

ug2prog

If you already have an excel spreadsheet of what you want to put in the drawing this is a way to do it.

1. on the draw side go to tools -> spreadsheet and import the spreadsheet that you want.

2. insert -> tabularnote and pick ware you want it.

3. make the first cell active by left clicking on it (if you are not making the firs cell active you will not have an option to do whats discribed in number 4)

4. right click on the first cell that you made active and pick import -> spreadsheet.

The real kicker is that if you add rows or colums it does not update in the tabular note like it did in 18, so you have to do what is listed above. If you find a way to do this pleas post it here....

Jeremy

This is a solution directly from GTAC.

Unigraphics NX V2 and Higher

SYMPTOM/PROBLEM
---------------
How can I import the contents of a spreadsheet into a tabular note? (From an Excel spreadsheet)

SOLUTION/WORKAROUND
-------------------
In Gateway, select Tools --> Spreadsheet. Open the spreadsheet with the
tabular notes and Copy/Paste into the Gateway spreadsheet. Close and save the
spreadsheet.

In Drafting, Insert --> Tabular Note --> place the tab note. Select the top
left cell --> MB3 --> Import --> Spreadsheet --> OK. The tabular note is
populated with the spreadsheet contents.

Thanks claireandmabel,

I already following this method to insert the spreadsheet.
We can use the same spreadsheet for multiple tabular note also by selecting the required rows and columns while importing.

But if someone unknowingly marked the delete spreadsheet data in the part cleanup. Then we endup with nothing in the tabular note.
Do have solution for this..

Shadowspawn,
I always do that if I am sure with something. Here I can't find solution to hold the content of the tabular note created through spreadsheet, if I mark "Delete spreadsheet data" in part_cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back