Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP and AutoCAD 2000 and Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirprice

Industrial
Nov 18, 2003
AU
Ok guys heres a tickly question.
I have upgraded my system to XP Pro and have Acad2000 running quite well but I cannot print to A2 size paper.
My printer was a Canon 330 and I now have a Canon 5500 that I had hoped would help the situation. Alas it hasnt .
Both printers are A2 capable .
I have networked my old PC running Me and then I can print A2 from that system but I would love to bew able to print A2 from my XP system which is obiously much faster.

TIA Dave P

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have printed successfully from AutoCAD 2000 and 2002 on Win NT and 2000 to various Canon printers (4550, i6500). Have you used the drivers supplied by Canon ? The Microsoft ones do not work well. Did you set up the printers as plotters from within AutoCAD ? This is works better that printing to Windows System printers from AutoCAD.

RiBeneke I have installed a new Canon BJ5500 last week and still have the same problems .

I have also installed the Acad plotter updates etc , what really bugs me is I can print from one of the older machines that is running Win Me across the LAN.

When I installed the new printer it loads the XP drivers by default , when I choose the Canon drivers from the disc Win XP does not show the driver for the 5500 only 4500 series.
When I get back into work fully after the xmas break and my holidays I will try to get it to load the Canon drivers from the CD instaed of Win XP drivers.

We set up the printer as a Windows System printer because someone else had said it works better that way ,, wel not in my case .

I will try your opinions and thanx again.

Does anyone know a list of printers which are incompatable with auto cad? I have Release 14Lt, running with Windows ME, and my new HP 1220C will not recognize the cad.

Just a further question on XP Canons and Autocad

I've set up a Canon BJ W3000 on a Windows 2003 Server with the latest drivers from Canon.Its attached to a 3 Port Jet-Direct box and sets up fine on parallel port 1.When I try to set it up as a network printer on the XP Clients it goes as far as seeing it but when you select it it just seems to hang.The Clients will connect using a Local TCP/IP port but I need to be able to access the Printer on the server for AutoCad to be able to Set the Printer Port.
I also setup a HP laserJet through the same Jet-Direct box on Parallel port 2 and it works fine..Clients connect straight away.
Is there any known issues with the Canon been setup as a Network Printer.
Any Help would be Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back