XYDataFromPath

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyentl

Materials
Jul 12, 2011
GB
Hey guys,

I'm using the XYDAtaFromPath quite often to extract data from my output database. But the amount of points in my path isn't always reflected in the length of my XYData object. For example, when I have a path of 1000 points, I sometimes get a XYData object of 1001 or less than 1000 points. Do you have any idea why this can be occuring?

I use 1000 data points in 1 path, because it's a lot faster than 500 times a path of 2 points.

Best regards,
dey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is problem if the nodes are very dense or your path is not that straight. 1001 or <1000 could be resulted from some mistakenly selected nodes. So you should select them carefully or you find another logical ways to isolate them out, like making them to be a boundary of a section.

Dear JayTung,

thank you for the quick answer. My nodes are indeed very dense and my points are taken randomly on a circle. Therefore, your explanation seems highly reasonable. I will implement two small changes:
-sort the locations of my path (to get a better path)
-sort the XYDAta object afterwards and throw away identical lines

Do you happen to have any other ways of speeding up the XYDataFromPath method? (Apart from what I described in my first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back