Status
Not open for further replies.

Marke

Electrical
Oct 20, 2001
NZ
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had this device pointed out to me recently and found the test report rather amusing. By adding this device, you can get light and power out of a flourescent tube!!

Now do you mean all I have to do is hook a load up to a fluorescent tube and I can make it work?? Thats all I have to do?

If so send a million - who needs coal hydro or nuke plants with this? Distributed generation at it's best ??

Dan Bentler

I love the version that you just plug in to any wall outlet in your house and it magically makes 20% of your power bill disappear! You don't plug the loads into it, it just connects to your household and absorbs energy waste I guess. Maybe they should call it a flux shunting watt replenisher. It says it uses a capacitor system to stabilize the flow of electric current in the entire house, thereby reducing your energy consumption. My oh my, how is it that nobody else has thought of this in the past 100 years? What are we, a bunch of fools for not noticing this miracle? Or is it a conspiracy of the electrical illuminati that is manipulating the world into paying for energy that we don't use? It says it is German technology. Maybe it was a Nazi war secret recently discovered by an intrepid archaeologist with a hat and a whip in an ancient jungle temple.

"Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." Nikola Tesla
Read the Eng-Tips Site Policies at faq731-376
[pirate]Member, [blue]P[sup]3[/sup][/blue]

Looking at the results of the test, one could almost be forgiven for thinking that the box of tricks is a capacitor. The PF goes from lagging to leading in each case: sometimes it takes a reasonable lagging PF and makes it into a lousy leading PF. Did they say this POS controlled something? I'm not sure how these charlatans an guarantee improvement - the test results show a worsening of the total VA loading in about half the instances shown!

----------------------------------

One day my ship will come in.
But with my luck, I'll be at the airport!

According to "SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd., a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965, is a wholly owned subsidiary of SIRIM Berhad. As the leading certification, inspection and testing body in Malaysia , SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. has achieved wide recognition nationally and internationally."

I tend to believe these claims about the testing agency since google shows many other company website claiming certification by SIRIM-QAS.

The watts went down for every test on page 5 of 7, in some cases negative presumably meaning the combined load and devices were putting out power.

I wonder if maybe the version tested had some batteries inside the box to supply real power.

Also strange that voltage is not tabulated.

I tend to agree with jraef. There probably is a conspiracy in the US to keep this device secret so it won't hurt the profits of utilities and the energy industry. After all, look what they did to that $5,000 150 mpg car? You haven't seen it have you? Proves my point.

=====================================
Eng-tips forums: The best place on the web for engineering discussions.

Jraef what was that Latin quote of yours? A snake oil salesman can not thrive without the ignorance of the populace.

"Venditori de oleum-vipera non vigere excordis populi"

2thumbsup.gif

Hmmm, last time I checked changing the power factor didn't affect the kW usage of an electrical device or the kW charges from the utility.

The results in their report are interesting. I'd like to see a wiring drawing of their test setup that allowed them to measure the thing creating power.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that you would never get one. They are not interested in having real engineers get a good look at this.

"Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain! The Great OZ has spoken!"

I especially love the "-73W" when you plug it in to 2 fluorescent lamps. over unity power production! Here we have been spending billions and billions on a fusion reactor that will produce more power than it consumes, and these guys did it with a little plastic box!

Damn, coulda spent that money on health care...

Eng-Tips: Help for your job, not for your homework[/u[
Read faq731-376 [pirate]

I think you guys are too close-minded to the vast possibilities of new technologies which can do things we previously thought were impossible.

Devices using a similar principle have recently been developed and are now being marketed in a similar form by respectable names like Rockwell.

Below is a link to a 4mb video – definitely worth a look if you have broadband or dialup with a lot of time.

E-pete,
All I get is this
This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.

Eng-Tips: Help for your job, not for your homework Read faq731-376 [pirate]

Aha. I see Steve has already scoped out this cutting edge technology in thread238-133432

For the most objective view, you should view the link with a serious eye toward understanding the technology before you read the comments in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back