Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

You Know You're Old/Young If ... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashereng

Petroleum
Nov 25, 2005
CA
I have been reading various comments in the fora which seems to date the poster as "old" or "young" sometimes.

I though maybe there is sufficient interest to compile a list to help the old identify with the young, and the young to identify with the old.

If you are in between, I guess pick a side?

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You're old if you still have a "drafting pad" on your middle finger even though you haven't touched a drafting board in 20yrs.

[green]"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."[/green]
Steven K. Roberts, Technomad
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Dang! I do. [surprise]

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein

You know your old if you know what an eraser shield is - and still use one.

Albert Einstein

Hey!
I'm young and I know what an eraser shield is, and I've even used it.
I cut my teeth on real drafting, the kind with the pencil and board, back in the 90s, used a template too.

.. or an eight-track tape!
... or 5.25 floppy

I still call CDs record albums. A CD is where you put your money and hope to get some interest.

You know you are young if you can't ever remember The Simpson's not being on television.

[green]"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."[/green]
Steven K. Roberts, Technomad
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Funny how the award shows still have "Album of the year" and "Record of the year". Why not "CD of the year"?
But, CD's will be gone in 5 years.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

You know you're young when you look forward to learning new software, new technology or new design theory instead of groaning about it.

You know you're getting old when you start telling the "...went to school and had to walk up hill both ways..." stories.

You know you're old when, living here in O.C. CA:
You used to 'watch the cows come home', and walk down a sidewalk and pick strawberries.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back