Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zeron 100 stockists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph100

Petroleum
Mar 29, 2007
GB
Just been informed that the UK manufacturer of Zeron 100 material has no stock of required diameter for the next 8 weeks. I have an order due out in 10 weeks!!!!!

Any ideas where else to go to get this material (worldwide)?

Many Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are numerous suppliers of Zeron 100 (UNS 32760) in the UK.
If you are that restricted to time I would be on the phones to each and everyone.

Yes we know there are numerous stockists in the UK but they don't have the required diameter - we are waiting for a reply from an Australian supplier - just wondered if anyone knew of a specific supplier who keeps reasonable stock.

Hi Steph100,
I take it you are referring to Weir Materials?
The problem is a number of multi national oil&gas end users are recently stating that material must be from Zeron100 as there is a lot of poor quality UNS32760 in the market failing with sigma phase and corrosion testing.
As far as I am aware Weir is the only supplier of Zeron100.

Can you use UNS32760 to Norsok M630, if so, this is readily available in the UK. Go into google and type Super duplex in sheffield. This will give you a good list and quality is on par with Zeron100.

Good morning,

My name is christopher Byrne, I work for Weir Materials.
We are the only stockist of Zeron 100 in the world. Zeron 100 is a registered trade mark of Weir Material.
I would be happy to help with yor Zeron 100 requirements.
c.byrne@weirpumps.com.

Thanks Chris, we are sorted now as we have another sub contract machine shop who purchase a large amount of material from you, so we shouldn't get this problem again.

However I will keep you address on file for future reference!

Many Thanks for your response
Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back