15kV Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

JatTiw

Electrical
Dec 10, 2002
CA
Hi Every body
I am looking for Three (3) copper conductor, 350 MCM, 15 kV, 133% insulation level with semi-conducting thermosetting layer as well as metallic tape, cable with EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber) insulation, shielded and PVC jacketed, HL rating & flame test-rating FT-4, CSA approved, for installation in underground duct-bank & cable tray. Working Temperature +70o C to - 40o C.
Please suggest me manufacturer, can supply this type of cable

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

... and Kerite, Hitachi, Southwire, General Cable, blah, blah, it's standard stuff. Only thing I'm not sure about is the low end of the working temperature range. -12C is commonly given as the minimum.

Pirelli also makes cables that have a strand blocking pompound that prevents water and gasses from traveling between the wire strands. Ordinary concentric stranded conductor acts as a poor excuse for a water or air hose. Compact stranded is an even poorer excuse.

Is there any problem for getting HL & FT rating for un-armoured cables also? Cause cable I am specifying un-armoured cables.

Doesn't working temperature have to do with the temperature at installation? Once it is underground and loaded, the cable itself would presumably not reach the extremes specified.

William

Hi jghrist,

HL rating is CSA designation for cables installed in electrically hazardous location (Class-1 Div/Zone 1 etc) & FT is fire test rating for cable comment,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back