Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1998 ASME CODE BOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

puresteam

Bioengineer
May 12, 2008
US
Hello all,

Does anyone have a 1998 ASME code book that they would like to sell or know a sight where I could buy one at a reduced price. I need it to take the engineers licensing exam for the state of maryland.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why 1998? And since when did a PE exam require the ASME code? And which section(s)? I passed the California exam without any reference to any part of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code...

jt

I thought there would be some questions on the exam dealing with the ASME code but I guess not. I have a book that I've been studying from a national technology transfer course which has everything in it. Is there anything special that I should spend alittle extra time studying that's on the exam. I'm going for my grade 3, any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

puresteam,

Are you taking the state exam for Boiler Operating Engineer?

That might narrow it down to ASME Section VI or Section VII, Operation and Maintenance of Boilers.

From your handle and engineer discipline group, you might also want to get the ASME BPE -2007, Bio pharmaceutical engineering, which has some info on clean steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back