Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

2 short bars together in a flat slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damotozey

Structural
Aug 3, 2022
CA
Good day Engrs, please I have a question which has created mind bugging for me as I’m new to site supervision in canada, I once visited a site in February 2022, I showed the steel man on site what to fix but not sure I showed him this particular zone which I later saw in a video I captured during my visit, we specified 4 staggered Bottom lower layer bars, and they ended up arranging two short bars together, the arrangement was still on-going at the time I took the video & picture.I’m wondering if this might cause collapse of the structure. He told yesterday that he can’t remember the specifics but it “happens”.I have attached the shop dwg for your views.
B96CE20C-C920-4EEB-B739-AD8896D641BD_zglj3x.jpg
2BF1D66B-A072-4983-BDDF-96DBCA335DEC_lmovlv.jpg
0F745B2A-A8FC-446A-A32E-563480D16CB0_irjchk.jpg
7BBC58B4-D704-478E-B47A-042CBEC204EF_ghpnpc.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Effect is likely negligible... bottom reinforcing close to the support. Should have been caught during construction review. [ponder]

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

@dik…thanks for your response. Like I stated early, it’s possible I caught it or someone else did after my site visit but because I wasn’t sure, hence, the panicking & sleepless night that this might cause future collapse or something. I appreciate your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back