Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2005 SP1.0 Feb 11th? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADGemini

Mechanical
May 12, 2004
US
I heard a rumor that the next SP would be out by Feb 11th, which is today. However it is not available for download. Does anyone know when the offical release will be? Or do the solidworks programmers only know?

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tick, we'll see how long that lasts if they don't have a CAD Admin... But I hope you catch a break.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

TheTick

Do you mean, in a new company? Good Luck in your new tasks!

To all

It is known that the reason for the delay with this SP (so they say) was an issue with the M$ installer. Now that SP1.1 is released, I was expecting a reference to an M$ patch, but didn't found any. Can I directly install SP1.1 or am I missing something?

Regards

The SP1.1 install went fine for me. However, after updating the help files my help is now in another language! Downloading again, see what happens.

Mark Reader
Incisive Surgical

Yes I did that. Twice! The file downloaded is: swHelpEnglish.zip. SolidWorks is in English, the online tutorial shows up in english. Choose help and I get Spanish or Italian, I don't really know.

Ex: Bienvenido a la Guía del usuario en línea de SolidWorks. Esta ayuda contiene descripciones e instrucciones para todas las operaciones y funciones del software SolidWorks

Nobody else has had this occur?

Mark

My upgrade to 2005 0.1 was done thru an Admin Image via email. I downloaded SP1.1, but it tells me the admin image has to be upgraded first. The initial email is gone. Does anyone know about this? VAR says to find the admin image! I don't know what it may be called.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP0.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site

I replaced my help files and made sure I selected english before downloading and now my help reads in french.

Did someone else have the same problem?

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Same here. Except as Theophilus has mentioned above it's Spanish. Not a big problem as I really don't need the help files. I'm sure there will be a patch or a 1.2

Mark Reader
Incisive Surgical

well has anyone tried downloading the spanish help file to see if there was a mix up?

Best Regards,
Jon

Still Spanish. I don't think the problem lies within the help files. When I open any of the files direct from the swHelpEnglish.exe download they show up in English. Just when "Help" is launched from SW does it show up in Spanish.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back