Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2005 SP1.1 Glitch List

Status
Not open for further replies.

purecoda

Mechanical
Feb 2, 2004
US
I've noticed a few glitches in SP1.1 and thought that starting a list here for everyone might help centralize any known corrections. Here are my current issues:

1. Crashing - This is your total meltdown variety, "Unhandled Error", which happens at least twice a day for me (this is actually a great improvement over SP0.1).
2. Shadows - If I have shadow mode turned on the shadow randomly glitches (ex. not under the model, shadows through holes, shadow too small, etc).
3. Lightweight Assembly - My assemblies load in lightweight mode without prompting even though they are well under the threshold and prompt user is turned on.

If anyone has any solutions to these issues, or any additional issues for SP1.1, please post them here.

System
Dual Xeon 2.4
2GB RAM
Quadro FX 500 Driver 6.14.10.5303 (Just noticed this needs updating)
Windows XP Pro SP2

* will not select edge for datum.
* convert old dwgs with ellipse drawn as sketch, ellipse gets skewed.
* when in auto-solve mode, no undo
* when opening DXF into SW dwg, if you have dwg format templates (shts 1 & 2), import always selects sht 2...no matter what!
* moving sketch geometry on a dwg, will move but not show it. close dwg then reopen

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP0.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site

yes, I send them in all the time. Some of the ones I listed (and others)I have had since 2004 and were not incorporated in 05.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP0.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site

In a Drawing: When I dimension from edges to holes it is really jumpy when it comes to selecting the hole edge.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP1.1

Is anyone having a problem with placing a dimension for a radius and in the process of entering, it moves about out in space about three times the sheet size to the left. You have to zoom out to grab it, zooming to "extents" doesn't give it to you.

On loading lightweight assemblies, in TOOLS/OPTIONS/PERFORMANCE under assemblies SW05 loads the option of 'Loading assemlies as lightwieght' checked. You might want to see if it is checked.
As far as crashes, with SW05 it only happens if I get impatient and my network slows.

Anyone else having problem with BASIC in-context relations?

This is ridiculous.

It seems like it just keeps getting worse, the basic functionality degrades to the same degree that all you add-on people get your new toys.

For the record in this forum, Solidworks has NEVER fixed ANYTHING I have reported to them, it's enough to make a person want to stop bothering with all this.

Then you need to post you problem or your SPR in comp.cad.solidworks and then get more people to turn the issue(s) in because what you find as an issue, not everyone else is seeing or worrying about it. You won't get fixed as fast if more people don't turn it in.

Try using comp.cad.solidworks and I'm sure you might get a reply from SW directly from there.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376
faq559-716 - SW Fora Users

Using Auto Balloon in SW05, is there a way to move all balloons closer, or to move them all at once?

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Nevermind, upon insert while the balloons are still active, drag to desired location.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

If I have a broken view of a rod,tube, etc. and I try to dimension the ends the dimension flys way off the page. I am assuming solidworks is snapping the dimension to the outside of the original length before it was broken.

This glitch is quite annoying when you have several broken views that you are trying to dimension.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP1.1

jksolid,

You explained it better than I had in a previous post, it is quite annoying. I thought it was just me.

I have lost the save, print, and page setup choices from my file dropdown menu, and my toolbars a few times. If I tried to customize the menu, I could check them, but they never show up. I had to resort to using the regedit to get them back.

I found working in assembly mode you have to double-click sometimes to expand the feature tree.

Macduff [spin]
Meggitt Airdynamics Inc.
Senior Designer/Checker
Dell Precision 370
SW2005 Pro SP 1.1
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back