Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

37 Degree JIC hydraulic fitting torque tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPSU

Industrial
Oct 28, 2003
US
I am looking for an air driven torque tool to tighten 37 degree JIC hydraulic fittings and hose ends covering a range from -6 through -16 sizes. Currently we utilize open ended torque wrenches and torque all fittings manually with a breakover/clicker wrench. I'm looking for something better. We produce 100 machines a day and have an estimated 100-200 tightening points per machine. The flat method for tightening the joints was discarded some time back. This will not work for all joints but in the areas where everything is accessible or when subassembly occurs outside the machine I would like to apply the more automated method of assembly. Does anybody have experience with another method of assembly of 37 degree JIC hydraulic joints?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is not has to be air driven you can find such tools in George Renault, Atlas Copco and Ingersoll Rand. All these brands produce torque device with control systems. You can control pre-torque, final torque and torque angle. Also you can develop tighteenin prsedures such as first tighteen to pre torque, then final torque and check angle or pre torque then applying angle and check final torque etc. But all of these are electrical device (I remember that they also has IP 67 or 65 for protection class but not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back