Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Model not shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmjr

Aerospace
Feb 7, 2014
US
Morning,

I'm in NX10 and opening a file that was done pre-NX (about 4 years old). The file opens into Drafting and when I switch over to the Modeling application the 3D model does not show.

[ul]
[li]I've tried changing the reference sets to 'Entire Part'[/li]
[li]All layers have been turned on[/li]
This does show me some 2D lines in space where the 3D model would be, but no solids​
[li]I've done the 'Invert' command and nothing shows up there.[/li]
[/ul]

I've just been trained in NX and don't know if this an issue with the file being "old" or if there is a simple command I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Dennis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did a Command search on 'visible in view'. Love this search by the way.

I tried Layer Visible in View, turned on all layers. No success.

Tried 'Show Components in View'....Bingo. Winner.

Thanks for the help!!

FWIW, you can on occasion look in the Assembly Navigator and hidden components might be "greyed out" or lack a red check box - try check the box or right click and hide/show component (in addition to what you did today). I've also seen instances where a Custom View was created, view dependent edits were made (or components hidden in the Custom View only) and simply doing a Replace View (NOT Orient View) to a canned view (TOP, RIGHT, LEFT, etc.) took care of the issue.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back