Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4-bit binary counters 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyC

Electrical
Aug 29, 2003
GB
This is embarressingly basic, but my brain is fried from going round in circles.

I have a set of wall sensors that all have individual binary codes that need addressed to step through each module and request the state of all the sensors on each module. The information is sent back to a computer where the info is displayed.

I`m trying to find a simple to implement (preferably hardware, but by software if necessary) a count through from 0 to 16 and loop which will deal with the sensors, but if possible to take take each pulse and use it to increment the program to cycle through each wall module on the computer, ie when the wall module addressing increments from, say, 11 to 12, the computer will increment the "data page" from 11 to 12 as well so the info being fed back is shown in the right place.

ATM, I`m looking at a 2-part binary counter with a separate crystal oscillator. Does anyone have any ideas on all-in-one packages that are cheap and easy to work with?

Any more info ya need, just ask :)

Thanks a lot,

Kenny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back