Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

87T Function on T60 Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasr8

Electrical
May 10, 2010
US
I am trying to build a test plan using Protest and i dont want to fry this relay...this is my first time testing a T60. can some one help me figure out my current inputs to the pickup for the high side, pickup for the low side, slope for below breakpoint, slope for between breakpoint, and above breakpoint.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My friend....

You should not be testing a relay, if you dont know these things. Please make sure that you update yourself with training.

It could called as an ethical violation as well when an engineer doing such a crucial job as testing a relay which has to work during a fault and have no understanding of basic technique.

I am not sure where you are located but in North America, I would be careful while putting my self in situation with no information.

Agree with UtiltiyGy. Work with an experienced relay testing firm who do this on regular basis. For learning, call up GE tech support. GE relay manuals do leave a lot to be desired and their own tech support has admitted that more than once to me.

Rafiq Bulsara

i am like anyone person first starting out looking for resources...which i am sure you once did when you first started...i do work for a testing firm...i am thrown out on a job and was told to figure it out. i know the theory i am just having trouble applying it to a T60...i have tested many sels but no t60. i am just having issues with the differential. Plus i thought this site was a place for valuable information to help other people in need. If i want to get shot down i would have went somewhere else. Thanks Util

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back