Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

90° hooks in RC MRF interior beam-column joint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Rojas

Civil/Environmental
Jul 28, 2018
PE
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to find information about this in ACI with no success, could anyone please give a reference about this? The joint detail is from an existing 8 story building in which the beams details were drawn span by span, anchoring the steel reinforcement between columns instead of a countinuous bar along the total length of continuous beams. There was no technical supervision during the construction process, so I'm asuming the structure has been built as the plans showed. I'm expecting that this building will need a seismic rettrofit.

Any reference will be really appreciated.

Sin_t%C3%ADtulo_zez5v8.png

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's used quite commonly here in New Zealand. Not sure if there are rules in the standard for it specifically, but testing has I believe shown it performs as adequately as straight bars through the joint (if not better than for bond of longitudinal reinforcement).

This is what it says, basically it's the same requirement as our code for external joints, except that a full strength lap needs to occur between the adjacent hooks.

Screenshot_20190321-083950_Dropbox_mneae6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back