Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A regular inundation... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRBaker

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2006
US
What a waste... nearly brought tears to my eyes... I can see a bunch of bikers, licking it up... gravel, road dirt and all.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Was this regular jack, single barrel, or gentleman's? The ghost of Lemmy definitely shed a tear with that one.

Precision guess work based on information provided by those of questionable knowledge

Was the driver drinking?

That's nothing, one of PFEs temperature (mis)controlled rail cars crapped out and the entire load of Johnny Walker whisky froze and ruptured. The drainage ditches were knee deep in some places.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Is that the one where a biker died, Keith.
I heard that his friends pulled him out three times but he kept breaking free and jumping back in. grin
(Yes, I know. Old old joke.)

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

On a more sober note, many years ago I was driving a woman and her 3 or 4 kids when we came upon a soft drink delivery truck overturned besdie the highway.
Many bottles of various soft drinks were unbroken.
The kids were ecstatic.
The only thing btter than:
"All you can drink", is
"All you can carry."
Better than Christmas.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

An incident about 40 years back, a guy showed up at my cousins farm in Killarney, Man. He'd been drinking and his car was in the ditch. About 20 minutes later a mountie shows up to find out what happened. Fortunately, I'd given the guy a glass of Scotch.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

My uncle who was a policeman gave me that advice.
If you have been drinking and are in an accident get out and start drinking heavily in front of witnesses. Tell the police'
"I was sober when I had the accident but I was so shaken up that I needed some drinks to calm my nerves."
I doubt that works anymore.
They can still get you for care and control of a vehicle when under the influence.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Most of the Isreali cargo is probably to fuel the black market in the surrounding countries where it is tightly controlled, or outright prohibited. JD cost in Saudi was $150/bottle 20yrs ago.

Saw a watermelon truck overturn on a Riyadh freeway. Flying watermelons bursting as the hit the pavement everywhere. Brought back vivid memories, as a few weeks prior I had unfortunately been in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to witness one of their famous exercise of justice in the central public plaza.

I can't see it being 400k.

It will be a bonded customs container and once its broke the tax will be due on it instantly because its deemed to have entered the country.

I seem to remember 10 years ago I was told that a bottle of Talsker cost 3 UKP to actually make. It then cost 1 UKP to cask it and 50p per year to age it. So a 10 year old bottle was 9 ukp.

tax is 72% in scotland.

Bottle of 10 year old Talisker is about 65 ukp. 46 UKP tax, 9 cost of production leaving 10 UKP for transporting it and profit.

I think the cheapest European country for Malt is France. They have that weird 37.5%. Which keeps it in the same tax bracket as that Aqua crap under 38%. In theory Whisky should never be below 40% but it tastes the same and knocks a fair chunk off the price.

I have had the same bottle in the house in a box for the last 5 years. I think I picked it up for 45 euro in Rimi.

Also see Whiskey fire.
The amazing thing is (even though the article doesn't say it), some of the knuckleheads ended up with throat burns, from drinking hot whiskey.

If you feel impaired, you cannot simply pull over and park; you are still impaired... you cannot have access to your car keys. That might be a way around it.

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back