Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Not sure of the failure mechanism, but there was a runway incursion at Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the recordings that you hear on liveATC isn't exactly what you hear on the air band radios at an airport. I believe those are just recordings of local receivers. Similar to how local DIY weather stations report data. FAA and contract towers, as well as aircraft radios are of much higher quality and clarity. So, these recordings aren't necessarily representative of what pilots and ATC hear.

I have hearing loss in certain voice range frequencies. Perhaps the female voice just happened to be at those frequencies? Some of her speech was fine, but when she went into warp speed at times, I had no idea?

There was a male voice that was hard to understand too. The clearest for me was DL295 pilot.

I beieve it is the A-35 pilot says;
"(garbled) center-line"
Does anyone know, was he on center-line or off center-line?

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

The facebook video seems to show him more or less on the centreline, but its not exactly high definition.

Screenshot_2024-09-12_110144_yxox9i.png

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

This is from Feb this year when the lines are showing as rather faded and it is a bit of a spagetti at that junction.

Screenshot_2024-09-12_110619_ivrbu2.png

PS

It's taken a while to find a picture of flights taking off going east, but when they do they should surely line up like this? It's not clear why this plane is being put there with passing traffic going behind it, no doubt getting a bit of a blast of engine exhaust? So maybe taking off east isn't a normal operation? Or were they on switchover mode from West to East? Also you can see the first plane holding short by about 30ft so he would have been hit as well. Maybe that was standard practice?

Screenshot_2024-09-12_111351_rb2bvn.png

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back